Zesty Zucchini Boats
Ingredients200 g white button mushrooms, cleaned and ends trimmed
6 medium zucchini
1 tablespoon olive oil
1⁄2 lb ground turkey
1 onion, diced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 cup corn kernel
1 lime, juice of
1 chipotle pepper, finely diced
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
Directions1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Add mushrooms to a large food processor and pulse until they are small uniform pieces.
3. Slice zucchinis in half lengthwise. Using a teaspoon, scoop the insides out, leaving about half a centimeter around the skin. Chop zucchini insides into small pieces and set aside.
4. In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and ground turkey and cook for about 5 minutes, until no pink remains in the turkey.
5. Add mushrooms, chopped zucchini flesh, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are cooked through.
6. Add corn kernels, lime juice, adobo sauce and chipotle pepper. Stir to combine. Remove pan from heat.
7. In a 9×13-inch baking dish, arrange scooped-out zucchinis.
8. Spoon the turkey and mushroom mixture inches Top with cheese.
9. Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes, until cheese is bubbly, and zucchinis are cooked through.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at @maryjjohnson34 via Food.com
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.