5 Tips for Overcoming Exhausting Empath Burnouts
Have you ever felt that you're sensitive to the energy of other people? You might feel drained after being out amongst a lot of people, and you could be quite tired by the end of the day. This could lead to social exhaustion and depletion over time which can be very detrimental to your health and wellbeing. The good news is that as long as you learn to set healthy boundaries, you can experience the world in a different way, a way that works for you. Mystical Raven shares some of the ins and outs of setting boundaries and learning more self-care practices to stay healthy and happy. They share 5 simple tips for overcoming empathic exhaustion and burnouts. While most people have the ability to be empathic, highly sensitive people, tend to be even more empathic and tuned into their higher awareness than most people are. This empathic nature makes highly empathic people very kind and loving individuals but it can also really wear them out, and people can tend to take advantage of highly empathic people too. So these tips could really help empathic people take care of themselves better, so they don't burn out or get too exhausted.
1. First, it's important to learn to respect yourself. If you don't value yourself and your time, this could most certainly lead to a burnout. Empathic people tend to be people pleasers, so they tend to want to say yes to everyone and everything. If this is you, you will have to learn how to say no more often and spend more time taking care of yourself. Respecting yourself also means eating healthy food and doing the things that you love. Create a self-care practice that you can stick to, so you make sure you are taken care of.
2. They also suggest creating a list of the things you feel guilty about. This isn't to make yourself feel bad; it's actually so that you can look at the list and realize that these are not things you have to feel guilty about at all. Remember, you don't owe anyone anything, but you do owe it to yourself to maintain your peace of mind.
3. Along with respecting yourself, you need to also love yourself unconditionally. This means you stop beating yourself up for all of the things you think are wrong with you and start appreciating your unique qualities and celebrate them. Love yourself even if you have so-called flaws. These imperfections are what make you. You so learn to embrace them and to let yourself be perfectly imperfect.
4. It's also important to know your likes and dislikes and to stick with them. If you don't like going to festivals or loud concerts for example, then don't force yourself to do those things. This also applies to spending time with people you don't like and doing jobs that you don't like either.
5. The final tip is to stop taking on so many obligations. Remember that you are only responsible for your own life, and your children's lives if you have children. Set boundaries and let others know that you are not always going to say yes to everything. You don't have to do it all, so choose the things that are most important to you and prioritize. It always helps to remember that No is a complete sentence and you don't need to explain or justify anything to anyone either.
These 5 tips will help you to maintain your peace and sanity while still being able to be empathic. You may find that your energy and awareness will increase and you will just feel better about yourself as time goes on.***
Learn MORE at Mystical Raven
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.